Meeting Topic: How To Use Local County Websites In Your Real Estate Investing Business
Did you know that personal property records are public information? In this digital age, there is so much information about a potential or new property you can learn without leaving your office!. This month, learn how to find all types of critical property data & records from your own home or a potential new deal in a few clicks of the mouse.
We will be reviewing How To:
- Check the Register of Deeds for liens, Deeds of Trust or Easements
- Find plat maps and covenants & restrictions
- Check the tax records
- Find out who owns the neighboring property
- Check current zoning
- Find the zoning ordinance
- Find school districts the property is in
- What kind of permits have been applied for
- Is the property in a flood zone?
- What are the property lines or measurements?
- What is the approximate property elevation?
- What are the soils?
- What subdivisions, re-zonings or variances are pending or approved nearby?
- What infrastructure is in or planned?
- What road projects are planned nearby?
Mike Arkinson, Enterprise Analytics Supervisor,For the Information Technology Department of New Hanover County will demonstrate how to find these hidden gems on the New Hanover County Website. Many other county websites offer similar features.