September CCREIA Meeting Topic:
Cover Your A** - Insurance Matters
Join us Thursday, September 9th as one of our CCREIA founding members, Josh Heinberg of Heinburg Insurance, discusses what types of insurance policies work best for your investment strategies. The topics we'll cover will include:
- What are the different types insurance I need as a long term rental, Air BNB or flip investor
- Getting the best rates
- Getting the most out of my insurance
- What are the different types of policies
- How does this insurance company decide on a premium
- How is replacement cost determined (I could replace/construct for sooo much less)
- Insurance buying mistakes
- Things you didn't know your insurance covered
- Should I have a separate wind policy
- Differences/Pros & Cons between insurance brokers and single brand insurance companies
- When and how should I file a claim
- How do I access my insurance info in a disaster (filing ideas)
- When should I keep my claim or damage to myself and just fix it without filing a claim
- What is co-insurance and why would I care
- Are some insurance companies/policies better than others
- How does flood insurance work
- What are some basics about flood insurance and what I need to get the best rates
- What do I do first in a disaster? I am in shock. Who does what and when
- What or who should I have in my disaster rolodex before I have a disaster or claim
With storm season in full swing, this speaker and topic will be sure to answer some questions you may have about your current and future investments.
Pizza & drinks (and cookies if you arrive early enough) will be served.
We recommend that attendees are vaccinated or wear masks or are in compliance with the latest with NC & CDC guidelines.
We'd love to see you there! Please RSVP with the link so we know how much food to order!
~Coastal REIA Board
PS - Unless noted on the calendar/email notice otherwise, CCREIA meetings are always held the 2nd Thursday of each month.