Starting this month, we will meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at The Terraces on Sir Tyler Ballroom**
EVENT DETAILS: Monthly Meeting June 2022
“Are we in Bubble Trouble?”
Let’s take a look at the data in our crystal ball……
Nobody knows for sure what tomorrow may bring. Nobody really has a crystal ball.
At our June meeting, we hope to deliver the timeliest information about our local regional market so that you can make the best educated decisions on how to invest and profit from market conditions.
Our speakers will be:
Dr. Mouhcine Guettabi, UNCW Associate Professor of Economics & Finance, will share data on the state of our regional economy. He earned his PhD in economics with an emphasis on Urban and Regional Economics from Oklahoma State University in 2012. He is an applied microeconomist with two main streams of research: the effect of natural resources on households and communities, and the socioeconomic effects of unconditional cash transfers.
Clinton Howlett, Broker in Charge/Manager of the local Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolina Premier Properties, will share the most recent real estate data and indicators to watch. Clinton ran one of the largest real estate foreclosure departments in our region for most of his career. He is the first to know when the market is about to decline or take off. He knows where to look and what to look for.
Dr. Mouhcine Guettabi will provide information on:
• What is happening in our local economy?
• What types of jobs are being created or available locally?
• What is happening with wages?
• What is driving inflation and how will it be brough under control?
• Where are all these new residents coming from & what does this population growth mean for our market?
• What are the various economic forecasts for our market?
• What are the possible headwinds and hazards that we may experience in the future?
Clinton Howlett will provide information on:
• What is happening with our local inventory? Is the market hot or slowing down?
• How are inflation & interest rates effecting our market & sales?
• Are prices still increasing? At what pace?
• What key data metrics are the early indicators of a market shift that you should keep your eye on?
• What kind of investment return (CAP rate) can I expect in this market?
• What strategies could I leverage if I want to invest in this market?
• Should I be a buyer or a seller & why?